POSTED WEEK OF APRIL 20 -
Things to do:
1. finish Castle Learnings: Meiosis & Mitosis 2020, Evolution 2020, Ecology 2020 (due later - look in PS)
2. Look on Power School for notes in the view section to find out info on that assignment. I've written what you have to do to make up a Zoom lesson.
3. LOOK AT POWER SCHOOL!! The dates for EACH assignment are the due dates.
4. Get your past work done for Units 7 & 8! All you have to do is tell me what you are done with and I will put a check mark in PS for that assignment. Keep these in you folder to be collected later.
5. Unit 9 is all online at pearsonsuccessnet.com. I've sent you each a username and pw for this sight to do your assignments through REMIND.
6. You MUST sign up for REMIND! To: 81010 @936c7e2
* I still have NOT heard from: Layla, Evan, Ryder, Kenzie V., Carson, Payton, Shelby, Caden, Gregory, Kaleb, Joe N., Jordan
7. YOU MUST STAY ON ZOOM AND PARTICIPATE. ATTENDANCE WILL BE TAKEN AT THE END WITH ALL STUDENTS HAVING A QUESTION TO ANSWER IN CHAT. IF YOU DON'T ANSWER IT THEN YOU DON'T GET CREDIT FOR THE ZOOM!
Alternate Assignments for kids with limited Internet: Use your book and this MUST be done on a Word document and sent to me via EMAIL please. I will update this for each Chapter.
1. Instead of Internet assignments you are to do the end of section questions #1-3 only for 3.1 - 3.4.
2. For the Chapter 3 test - complete Pg. 90-92 #1-34.
IF YOU STILL DO NOT HAVE YOUR BOOK - CALL THE OFFICE AND ARRANGE FOR OFFICER LUCE TO GATHER YOUR MATERIALS FROM YOUR LOCKER (THIS SHOULD HAVE BEEN DONE OVER A MONTH AGO) AND THEN YOU CAN PICK IT UP DURING LUNCH PICK UP 11:00 - 1:00. I'M HOPING THAT THEY ARE STILL GETTING STUFF FOR KIDS EVEN THOUGH WE ARE 5 WEEKS INTO THIS I'M NOT PROMISING ANYTHING!
Hello - I'm Mrs. Baer. This is my 17th year as a science teacher and second year teaching Living Environment. I have my master's degree in biology and am very passionate about teaching. I live in Jamestown with my husband, Doug, and four children.
Welcome to Biology! This year we will be learning about the following topics:
1. The Nature of Life 2. Cells 3. Photosynthesis 4. Biochemistry and Enzymes 5. Body Systems 6. Genetics 7. Reproduction and Development 8. Evolution 9. Ecology
This is a regents course, therefore the curriculum is challenging and my expectations are high. Students will be busy with activities, labs, notes, discussion for the entire class period. Should an assignment not get finished in class, it will be homework - so homework is usually just finishing up something that wasn't finished in class. The exception to this is at the end of the 2nd and 4th quarters when we are reviewing for the midterm and regents exam.
My grades are up-to-date at all times in Power School. I will leave notes attached to some assignments with special instructions and also with certain grades explaining why a grade was given. If you should have a question about anything my contact information follows.
Phone - 716-358-6161 Ext. 4301
email - firstname.lastname@example.org
Thank you for the privilege of teaching your children!