My Home Page
Welcome to 6th Grade!
- Science: We will work through the following units this year: Living Things, Matter and Liquids, Periodic Table, Weather, Simple Machines, Incubation, and Rockets.
- ELA: Check out www.engageny.org for more information regarding our ELA Modules for 6th grade. The curriculum is available as a download for any parent who wants to see it.
- iReady News: Testing will take place at the beginning of the school year. Students will be placed into AIS groups based on the test results.
- Sixth grade is in charge of the recycling program, safety patrol, and flag. New this year: Media Club!!
- Students are welcome to use the iReady program at home to help increase their scores. All students know how to log on and complete lessons.
- If a student receives a grade below a 70 on any homework assignment, he or she must correct it for a better grade. Assignments receiving a grade in the 70s or 80s MAY be corrected if the student chooses to (which is highly encouraged).
- Grades are weighted this year. Tests, quizzes, and projects are worth 60%. In class assignments and homework are worth 40%.
- Our class has a Facebook page! It is listed under the name Beaver Sixth. It will be used to increase communications, discuss homework, and talk about projects. Check it out!
- School Supplies for 6th graders: Please check with your child regarding school supplies such as pencils and loose leaf paper. Students sometimes come to class unprepared with these basic items.
- Be sure to check out the PTA's new website: http://randolphpta.webs.com/index.htm
- Visit Labels for Education to learn more about sending in labels.