My Home Page
Welcome to 6th Grade!
- Science: We will work through the following units this year: Living Things, Matter and Liquids, Periodic Table, Weather, Simple Machines, Incubation, and Rockets.
- ELA: Check out www.engageny.org for more information regarding our ELA Modules for 6th grade. The curriculum is available as a download for any parent who wants to see it.
- iReady News: Testing will take place at the beginning of the school year. Students will be placed into AIS groups based on the test results.
- Sixth grade is in charge of the recycling program, safety patrol, and flag. New this year: Media Club!!
- Students are welcome to use the iReady program at home to help increase their scores. All students know how to log on and complete lessons.
- If a student receives a grade below a 70 on any homework assignment, he or she must correct it for a better grade. Assignments receiving a grade in the 70s or 80s MAY be corrected if the student chooses to (which is highly encouraged).
- Grades are weighted this year. Tests, quizzes, and projects are worth 60%. In class assignments and homework are worth 40%.
- Our class has a Facebook page! It is listed under the name Beaver Sixth. It will be used to increase communications, discuss homework, and talk about projects. Check it out!
- School Supplies for 6th graders: Please check with your child regarding school supplies such as pencils and loose leaf paper. Students sometimes come to class unprepared with these basic items.
- Be sure to check out the PTA's new website: http://randolphpta.webs.com/index.htm
- Visit Labels for Education to learn more about sending in labels.
Mrs. Towne's Library PageClick here to access the library page, and all of the great library resources Mrs. Towne has to offer!
Class Facebook pageYou will need your own facebook account, with your parents' permission. Our page is under "Beaver Fifth" to be friends with. Updated often!
Collection of Egypt websitesThis website has lots of links for you to research Egypt.